Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The floor of the laundry room is getting wet. The little throw rugs that cover the concrete are damp after every load. My wife thinks there is a leak from the rear of the machine. But I have a vague recollection of this happening a few years ago, and I start moving the clutter that's accumulated over the last fifteen years and find the drain hole in the floor. There is a little bit of standing water around it. I believe I've found the culprit.

"But if the water is coming up from that drain, how come the rugs close to the drain aren't wet?"
She has me there. But I'm not giving up on my theory.

"The drain is clogged, and that's just messing up all the pipes under the house, and that's causing the wash water outtake to back up."

"Do you even know what you're talking about?"

Of course not. "Yes. Tomorrow I will pour Drano down the drain in the floor and everything will be fine"

Well, today is now tomorrow, and there is a puddle of Drano, which would not go down the drain, on the laundry room floor.

Channelling Dr. Bones McCoy: "Jim, I'm a 3rd grade teacher, not a plumber!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of homeownership! Best wishes - may it not be an expensive fix.

    ReplyDelete