Thursday, March 16, 2017

#SOL17 16/31 - Can We Talk About the Weather?

The sun is out. There are a few wispy clouds up there, but mostly it's blue, and it's amazing what this does for my entire outlook. Especially considering that yesterday my weather app displayed the rain icon. Actually, all five of my weather apps showed rain icons. Yes, you read that right. I have five weather apps. I'm a little obsessed. Especially when there is a rumor of snow.

So not only is it a sunny day, but it's a sunny day that was supposed to be a rainy day, and here in the Pacific NW, we've had way too many of those. I heard a stat recently that said we've only had three or four sunny days all winter. That must mean days with no rain at all, because I know there have been rainy days during which the sun has poked through for a while. Who knows, today may turn out to be one of those days, but so far, it's glorious. In a few minutes I'll take the kids out to recess, and I'll just stand there, soaking it in, imbued with a sense of hope and possibility.

Tomorrow is my birthday. The weather icons say rain. What are the chances of a repeat performance? Now that would be an awesome present.

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you describe the sky and know just what you mean about what sunny skies do for our outlook. Hope you have a sunny birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine always put me in a better mood too. I was a bit surprised to read that there are even 5 weather apps - that is crazy! Best of luck with the continuous sun ... hope it stays for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine is a motivator! I do so much better when there's sunshine in my world. I hope the sun will shine on your special day, but just in case soak it up at recess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of it as an early birthday present! I hope that the sun keeps giving tomorrow. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't know if I could live where you live. I need to have the sun and I cannot imagine only 3 or 4 sunny days all winter.

    ReplyDelete