Monday, March 6, 2017

SOL Day 5 - Dry Cereal Heaven

In our household Sunday is grocery shopping day, and as luck would have it, weekends at New Seasons market are tasting days! And today did not disappoint. Today was Dry Cereal Tasting Day! 
At this stage of my life, I no longer eat processed, sweetened dry cereal. I've become more of a whole grain kind of guy. Steel cut oats with a touch of butter and a dash of salt get my day going. But when presented with an array of flakes, and puffs, and chunks, and clusters, flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa, peanut butter, honey, peanut butter, maple (did I mention peanut butter), well, I kind of went crazy. Sample cup after sample cup, filled with flakes and soy milk, puffs and coconut milk, and with each one the thought that I really, really don't want to eat this stuff anymore. And then another cup. 
Maybe I should go shopping on Wednesdays.
Nah.

5 comments:

  1. Cereal can be a bit addictive, especially when it's offered free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sentence that starts "But presented..." written so cleverly! This is a great example of what a "Slice of Life" really is... even when that's a free cup of sugary cereal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments, Kathleen!

      Delete
  3. Sunday is shopping day for me too, but my grocery store doesn't have tastings. Hmmm, maybe I need to find another grocery story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're spoiled here in Portland, Michelle!

      Delete